Need a last minute Christmas sweet or snack? Well, I’ve got just the thing for you!
A few weeks ago, my roommates & I hosted our annual Christmas party at our house and this year, we kept it to “drinks & desserts” only.
With that in mind, we tried a dozen sweet recipes and picked some of our favorite things to serve. While the cakeballs were delicious, the apple pie bites were new and you can never go wrong with puppy chow or champagne cupcakes. One of the easiest and most pleasing to the eye “desserts” were chocolate covered pretzel sticks.
If you’re a Pinterest addict like myself, you’ve probably seen a million of these on boards and with Christmas arriving, the countless ways to decorate them seems to keep growing.
I finally decided to try these for myself and could not of been more happy – these will definitely be repeated not only for Christmas parties but other holidays to come.
1. Pretzel Rods (the big ones!)
2. Chocolate Chips (2-3 bags depending on how many you want to make)
3. Christmas M&M’s (the best!)
4. Christmas/red & green sprinkles (up to you to get creative here!)
1. Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in 30 second increments and stir.
2. Once the chocolate is super smooth, stick in a pretzel rod and coat with chocolate (Don’t forget to leave room at the end to grasp onto to decorate!).
3. Lay on a baking sheet (with parchment paper).
4. Decorate immediately before the chocolate dries.
5. Throw the pretzels in the fridge or freezer for a bit and voila!
Honestly, one of the easiest and prettiest things I’ve ever made in our kitchen and perfect for a last minute salty n’ sweet mix!
By Brittney Ann