A great manicure can make any girl’s day. But a bold and bright manicure may give employers the wrong impression. For just a couple days out of the year, it may just be worth it to give up our neon pink nail polish when our jobs depend on it. But professional doesn’t mean bare nails. Professioneutrals are great choices for your nails on an important career day.
Here, our top 5 picks:
- OPI Samoan Sand matches perfectly with any skin tone for a “barely there” look. OPI has a long tradition of well-formulated lacquer. I’ve always found it to be long-lasting.
- Deborah Lippman’s Naked, while on the higher end, is a long-wearing, creamy treat-yourself bottle. The color itself is a rosy nude that looks and feels luxurious.
- Revlon’s Bare Bones is easy on the wallet. While darker than some of the others on this list, it is a great shade for fall and adds some zest to a potentially lackluster black suit.
- Essie’s Allure has pink undertones that gives a gentle pop. Essie’s formula wears very thin and very subtle. I like that many of their shades are matte and without glitter. It does not chip as much as other polishes, so you can keep that professional look for longer.
- Sally Hansen’s Innocent Nude is a great barely-there look that helps strengthen your nails at the same time–a lifesaver for the moments where you spend your downtime tapping on your desk or, more likely, on a keyboard for 5-8 hours a day.